Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Weight Watchers Chili


For my Version of the famous "Weight Watchers Chili", I'm combining the following 2 recipes to make 1 out of them:

http://weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/recipepage.aspx?recipeid=50509

http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/weight-watchers-slow-cooker-chili


I am basically going to use the Slow-Cooker Version, but add the following Ingredients from the original recipe:  Carrots, Paprika, Red Pepper Flakes, Chicken Broth, Apple Cider Vinegar, & Scallions.  
I use much less chili powder - 2 TBSP seems like alot.  We don't like it too spicy, infact my fiance, Eric doesn't like spicy at all.  I am going to hold the Red Pepper Flakes & Chilies/Jalapenos out of the crock-pot & instead just add them to my bowl of chili so I can have a bit of spice.  I like to use the pickled jalapenos. Also a sprinkle of low-fat cheddar cheese helps to balance the flavors.

It is so exciting to think that this is waiting for me when I get home;



I can just go relax & not have to cook anything - it is all ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment