Thursday, January 21, 2016

Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

  
       I tried out this new Healthy Breakfast Recipe and while it looks absolutely beautiful, I wasn't crazy about it as it is:  http://wherehomestarts.com/2013/05/09/quinoa-breakfast-bowl/

I think this could be better.  The quinoa doesn't have much flavor, so I would add something to give it a kick, maybe a squeeze of lemon juice would do the trick.  Also, I used plain Greek yogurt, but perhaps I should have used vanilla.  Also the nuts would have gone much better in the bowl if I had toasted them first.  The honey was perfect & the mint was an interesting welcome to the flavor.  The sunflower seeds that I had overpowered the flavor a bit, so I may have been a little heavy handed with those.  Overall a different & surely healthy start to the day.












1 comment: