Friday, January 1, 2016

Salmon Health Bowl

Real Simple put out a Salmon Health Bowl that really looked quite beautiful.
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/quick-meal-ideas/bowl-fennel-salmon-chard
The recipe calls for:
Roasted Salmon,  barley,  smoked paprika fennel,  swiss chard, chickpeas , basil, and scallions.
My salmon came out roasted perfectly.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper,  sprinkled scallions over the fish and squeezed lemon juice over top.  Then I baked it for 20 minutes at 425.
Overall I would say the recipe turned out ok. I liked the barley,  although it didn't have very much flavor, and the chickpeas were a good choice.  I didn't really care for the Swiss chard in this recipe and I don't really like the smoked paprika.
 I added a squeeze of lemon juice for flavor and some fresh parsley.

I would make this again,  but very differently next time. I would switch out the paprika fennel with roasted red onions cooked well. Also baby spinach seems a better choice then swiss chard. Also wheat berries would be a nice touch, and a vinaigrette would help bring all the flavors together.

1 comment: