Thursday, January 7, 2016

Lighter Spaghetti and Meatballs


Tonight I made the Food Network's lighter-spaghetti-and-meatballs-recipe. It was good and satisfying.  I loved the sauce, especially the secret ingredient : Beef Broth.  I usually skip the onions in my tomato sauce, which I know is unusual, but I made sure to cook them really well, and I might just start using them again.
The meatballs were good, mine came out with a lot of mushrooms, which is fine by me. I left out the nutmeg.  Also used Italian Seasoning. I liked the idea of using the slice of whole wheat bread, as well as just the egg white.
I thought it was very interesting how your only cooking the meatballs in the sauce and not sautéing them first. It sounds healthier, but then again when your sautéing your draining out a lot of fat out of the meat, so I wonder which is really the healthier option not to mention that beautiful crust on the meatballs is a delicacy in itself. Overall very good and more importantly has me rethinking how I'm cooking.


1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking your new healthy version of cooking! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete