Thursday, January 21, 2016

Taco Lettuce Wraps

Tonight's recipe was nice and quick. It's basically tacos, but lightened up by serving in lettuce leaves instead of taco shells.

The recipe is from: "The Taylor House"

The recipe called for taco seasoning,  but I made up my own:
1 1/2 TBSP Cumin
2 tsp. Onion Powder
2 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Paprika
Generous pinch of sugar
Salt and Pepper
Also, the recipe doesn't say to but I would definitely drain the fat from the skillet after browning before adding any additional ingredients.
I also added an additional 2 TBSP of tomato paste when I added the water in.
Another thing I liked was adding a few pieces of broken up taco shells on top of my lettuce taco.

1 comment:

  1. I have an idea....if I pay for your grocery bill, can Dad and I come for dinner every night?

    ReplyDelete