Sunday, January 24, 2016

BBQ Chicken Salad


    I have always loved a great BBQ Chicken Salad, infact for a while it was what I always ordered everytime I would visit Panera Bread.  Though I never really tried to make one myself at home until now.
 I picked this recipe from Damn Delicious:
http://damndelicious.net/2014/01/03/bbq-chicken-salad/

I really loved it, it really was "Damn Delicious"!  It totally gave me plenty of energy to get out there & shovel the almost 3 feet of snow we just got dumped on us.


 I liked the way they have you cook the chicken right on the stove-top, but after I browned them on each side, I threw them in the oven for an additional 10 minutes @ 400 to make sure they were fully cooked all the way through.  Also, I left off the Red Onion, only because I am not crazy about raw onions.  The red ones are the way to go though if you are to eat them raw & they MUST be sliced paper thin for my taste.  Also, one more thing to note - we so often buy pre-shredded cheese for ease & convenience, but whenever possible it really does make a difference on taste if you buy a fresh block of cheese & slice it when ready to use.  It really does taste so much fresher.
This was so easy to make, you just prep the other ingredients while the chicken is cooking & it really was just as easy as opening cans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment