Sunday, January 3, 2016

Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup

This soup was very good for a quick meal. It was healthy yet satisfying.   It was probably the easiest and quickest chicken soups I have made. I really liked the addition of lemon juice.
The recipe is here:
http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/25/lemon-chicken-orzo-soup/?m
   I think what could have made it even better would be to use shredded chicken, as opposed to boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs.

Rotisserie chicken would be great to keep the recipe fast and easy.

The mirepoix (celery, carrots, and onion) and combo of spices (bay leaf, thyme, and rosemary) are classic and essential in chicken soup.

I  used 6 cups of low-sodium Chicken broth. I did not use 5 cups + 1 cup of water, cause why bother with water, I don't get it.  You want the chicken broth as flavorful as it can be.
I also used whole wheat orzo, which honestly didn't taste any different then regular orzo in the soup. It was great!

1 comment: