Monday, February 22, 2016

Huevos Rancheros and His & Hers Nachos




     I was watching Cooks Country on tv last weekend & was completely intrigued by this recipe I saw for Huevos Rancheros.  Now I'm not a big fan of eggs, but I loved how they rendered down the tomatoes to concentrate the flavor by draining out the liquids, roasting the tomatoes, then adding the liquid back in.  The flavor was really great.
 I cut the recipe in half & served them with some nachos for lunch.

Here is the recipe from Cooks Country:

http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/8000-huevos-rancheros?ref=videos_related_content_1

(While your there, look up their recipe for Braised Lemon Chicken - it's my favorite dinner recipe of all time!)


 My favorite part, the tomatoes!

 Yum!

 His & Hers Nachos!
I like everything on them & he likes almost nothing on them. 

I put Pulled Pork, Tomatoes, Pickled Jalapenos, Mild Chiles, Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, Velveeta, Refried Beans, Roasted Tomatillos, Scallions, Cilantro, & Avocado.
Eric just likes Meat & Cheese, like his Sandwiches.










No comments:

Post a Comment