Thursday, February 18, 2016

Best Tacos Ever!


       I wanted something different then your standard Tacos w/ the Crunchy shells and Ground Beef filling.  I found this wonderful recipe for Slow-Cooker Pork Tacos:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/slow-cooker-pork-tacos-recipe.html
 I left out the Chiles & Chipotles, since we don't like things too spicy.   I liked the Honey & Cider Vinegar in the recipe, actually that is what caught my attention.  Also, I only had Regular Oregano to use, not Mexican, but I would love to try the Mexican version some day - it sounds great.   The bay leaves & cinnamon stick too sounded great & the cinnamon flavor you could taste in the meat, slightly - not too overpowering.

The recipe calls for Corn Tortillas, but we didn't care for them too much, after a minute they cool down & the texture gets weird.  I would prefer to use the mini Flour Tortillas.

Also, this recipe calls for "Assorted Taco Toppings", but here is where it gets good.

This is what we put on our Tacos & they came out really great:

Cilantro
Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Avocado
Mango
Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
A dollop of Creme Fraiche (instead of sour cream)
Tomatillo Salsa (or Salsa Verde) from this recipe:
       http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/tortilla-omelet-burrito-with-pulled-chicken-and-salsa-verde.html?soc=socialsharingpinterest

(Picture is before I added the Avocado & Cilantro - I will update with a better picture when I make this again, which I definitely will soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment