Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Way to a Man's Heart



    In continuing with the Valentine's theme this week, I tried this new recipe for what I would call a Seafood Bake.  It is a delicious creamy seafood & mushroom dish that really was excellent and impressive.

Here is the recipe:
It is called "The Way to a Man's Heart":
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17170/the-way-to-a-mans-heart/

I left out the Red Peppers completely (my man does not like them), and I thought Shallots would be much better in this dish then onions, so I substituted that.
Also, I think Sherry would also go really well in this dish & I think next time I make this I might add a little to the mushrooms while they cook. 
I used Sauvignon Blanc for the wine to cook the fish, which is my favorite for drinking.

Cook Fish first (I used Flounder) in white wine & white pepper.
Fresh Crabmeat makes this dish.
 This sauce was fantastic!  I would use this too in other dishes. Very easy & simple.
 
Fill those Ramekins! 
Delicious!
Some homemade Italian Bread too.

No comments:

Post a Comment