Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Stuffed Peppers

This recipe was handed down to me by my mother, I believe it was a neighbor's recipe, but my Mom would cook this for us growing up.
First step is to cook white rice. I like the "boil in the bag" rice. 1 pouch. Then I spread it out on a cookie sheet to let cool.

Then I mix ground turkey (or you could use beef), 2 tsp. minced garlic,  1/4 cup fresh grated parmigiano cheese (I used Grana Padano), 1 tsp. Oregano, 1 tsp. Salt, and 1/2 tsp. Pepper.
Add the cooled rice.

Stuff mixture into peppers.
I used an extra pepper turned upside-down for support.
Fill pot with Tomato Juice just until covering.

Drizzle Olive oil over top of tomatoes and juice.  Cover and Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I like the change of using red peppers instead of green. Green some times repeats!
    Good job Sarah!

    ReplyDelete