Friday, October 30, 2015

Chicken a la Vendemmia (Grape)


   I saw this recipe on an episode of Barefoot Contessa, and although their version looks way more delicious with the fresh grape harvested right from Chef Michael's vineyard, I decided to share my version with you & hope it will inspire you as it did me to want to experiment more with fresh grape sauces for savory dishes.

Here is the original recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicken-a-la-vendemmia-recipe.html

Here is my more basic version for at home cooks:




 I used a Food Processor instead of a blender.









    The strained the mixture in a fine mesh strainer.











The recipe says you should yield about 2 cups of Grape Juice, but with 1 bunch of grapes I only ended up with 1 cup.


Set Juice aside.





Next season Chicken with Salt, Pepper, & Crushed Fennel Seeds:
Brown Chicken in Olive Oil

Once Browned, bake in Oven @ 400 for 15 minutes, then remove chicken & tent with foil.

 
Reserve chicken juices.


Thinly slice 1 large shallot
Saute in 1 TBSP butter & season w/ Herbes De Provence:



Add Grape Juice & Reserved Chicken Juices into pan w/ Shallots:














No comments:

Post a Comment