Monday, October 26, 2015

Scalloped Potatoes

Today is my Mother's Birthday & to honor her, I am sharing one of my Mother's recipe that she taught me growing up - the most delicious scalloped potatoes.   Scalloped Potatoes are often made with some cheese, but this one does not have any cheese, and it is simple to make with only 5 ingredients:


Potatoes
Onions (Optional)
Butter
Natures Seasoning (or Salt & Pepper)
Evaporated Milk


  Of course a Mandoline helps to have for this recipe also.







First Peel & Slice the Potatoes Thin.  (For this recipe I prefer to use Butter Potatoes - they taste extra creamy.)



Then layer slices into greased baking dish (I use Pam cooking spray).






Next add small dots of butter;

Next sprinkle with Seasoning: 
 



I really like Natures Seasoning (I put this on everything!  It's great to season meat with), but if you can't find this, salt & pepper will work ok.





Then add a layer of thinly sliced onions.  You can leave these out if you want. I make 2 smaller dishes of this because my fiance doesn't like onions, so I leave them out for him and the rest of us all like them;



Repeat layers (potatoes, butter, seasoning, and onions if using) until almost full.



Add evaporated milk until just about covering the potatoes.
Be sure to leave some room for the milk to bubble up while cooking.

Bake at 400 for 40 minutes.
Reduce heat to 375 and bake for an additional 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment