Monday, November 9, 2015

Spiced Pork Tenderloin w/ Cherry-Thyme Pan Sauce


    As you may be able to tell, I love cooking Pork Tenderloin, however this was not always the case.  I used to season it & grill it, then just eat it plain & I never was crazy about it, but ever since I have been cooking them on a skillet, with various sauces, it is my new favorite thing. 

Here is the link to the original recipe:
 http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/spiced-pork-tenderloin-with-cherry-thyme-pan-sauce

 

 I seasoned the pork just as the recipe said (I especially liked the coriander in this recipe), then seared it in a hot skillet just until it was browned on all sides.



Then instead of finishing cooking on the stovetop, I put the seared pork into the Oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.


Once baked remove from oven & tent pork w/ foil.






Meanwhile - slice shallot;
 Using the same pan w/ the Pork drippings, add shallot:
 Cook until softened & lightly browned.  Add Thyme.
 Next for the red wine.  I prefer a nice Chianti:

 Then add balsamic vinegar:
 And Sugar:
 Then frozen Cherries (slightly thawed):
 Add butter:
 I added the pork (and accumulated juices) back to the pan to coat in the sauce:
 All Done:


 Serve with sauce on the side, or pour right on top:

No comments:

Post a Comment