Monday, November 23, 2015

Cranberry Pot Roast


   One of my favorite things to do is to test out new recipes and from those I get ideas of what I can make and what I would do differently, which I like to share with you.  This year in preparation for the Thanksgiving Holiday soon approaching, I tried out a new recipe that sounds & looks absolutely delicious - Cranberry Pot Roast.

Here is the link to the recipe:
http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/cranberry-pot-roast/
 I must say the photo of this recipe on "Halfbakedharvest.com" just looks absolutely gorgeous!

Here is my version, which I followed the recipe almost just as it was:



  Of course mine did not look as beautiful, but it did taste pretty good!

I noticed the recipe called for sliced mushrooms, but their photo - the mushrooms looked whole to me.  Next time I would definitely NOT slice the mushrooms, or even omit them all together.
Also, their carrots were whole in the photo, but the recipe calls for them to be in 1-inch pieces.  Seems a little fishy to me, LOL.

Anyway, the recipe calls for sauteing the vegetables first, then setting aside.  I wasn't sure about this step cause I usually like to brown the meat first, then get the vegetables cooked in the meat juices, but this way they suggested did leave the vegetables nice & tender, but not too soft - the consistency was perfect.

I would also recommend thickening up the sauce at the end as a gravy in a saucepan w/ some cornstarch, but overall good choice for a festive dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment