Friday, November 11, 2016

Butternut Squash Stuffed Turkey Tenderloin w/ Cranberries and Pecans




This Turkey Tenderloin recipe from "Skinny Taste" was excellent!  It was really wonderful for this time of year, a perfect November meal.
The recipe is here:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/butternut-stuffed-turkey-tenderloin/

I made this recipe just before they had the fresh cranberries available, so I substituted canned whole berry cranberry sauce.  Or you could use frozen cranberries as well.

Another note- I toasted the nuts first.

The shallots were key to the filling & I would NOT substitute onions.

I had a lot of leftover filling and it was kind of difficult trying to stuff all that goodness into a tiny tenderloin.  This dish would also be terrific with just plain turkey tenderloins - not even stuffed & the vegetables just eaten on the side.  I served the extra vegetables on the side anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment