Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Long Time No Post

    I haven't been posting as much as I would like to because it's been a crazy past few months, but mostly because I was discouraged from pursuing my dream of sharing my creative recipes with you ever since I looked into a small but beautiful coffee shop in my town that I was dreaming of turning into a Pie Shop.  After some planning and calculating I was about to give up on my dream and just consider it a "Hobby" to be more realistic and keep my day job as a Logistics Manager.  But I have come to realize that you should never give up.  If you want something hard enough then you need to make it happen.  And why can't I do both?  So I will keep at it.  Posting new recipes that I try, creating my own recipes, and taking part in cooking competitions.  I will keep trying and maybe one day I will have my own Pie Shop or at least cook book.

   Anyways, here is an update of what I have been up to:

In August I entered the 4H Agricultural Fair for Hunterdon County and I won 7- 1st places, 1- 2nd place, and 1- 3rd place.
My entries were:
1st Place -  Pies, Appleberry Rhubarb Pie
1st Place -  Breads, Zucchini Bread
1st Place -  Relish, Zucchini Relish
1st Place -  Mixed Fruit Jam,  Strawberry Pineapple Jam
1st Place  - Apricot Jam, Apricot Lavender Jam
1st Place -  Pickled Peppers
1st Place -  Jelly, Plum Cardamom Jelly
2nd Place - Preserves, Golden Honeydew Preserves
3rd Place - Scones, Peach Scones

In September I won the NJ Peach Pie Council FINALS for the best Peach Pie in Northern New Jersey! This was so much fun and the judges from the Frog and the Peach had such nice things to say about my Peach Pie!



Just this month of October, I won an Apple Pie Baking Contest that was held at a Local Apple & Pumpkin Festival.  The judges also really liked my Apple Pie and I have to say that it turned out delicious.



Both my Peach & Apple Pies were my own recipes that I created.

This coming weekend I will be participating in a Chili Cook-off.  I have only participated in 1 prior and I won 3rd place with the judges, but also People's Choice!!!

 My plan for next year already is to send out a mass giveaway of Mini Lady Liberty Pies on September 11th.  Any proceeds that I get from the Chili Cook-off, as well as any other cooking competitions I will be putting towards my plan for my mini Patriotic Pie Giveaway!

I will keep you all posted!

















No comments:

Post a Comment