Thursday, October 13, 2016

Finding Dory Party

My daughter just turned 5 this past September and I got so many ideas from Pinterest for a Finding Dory Party!
Here is my Finding Dory Party Menu which was a smashing success!
I planned out a 6 layer cake (I actually ended up doing only 5 layers):
The cake was regular white box cake, but with a twist:
PLUS I added 1 tsp of vanilla extract. 
Then I use the Wilton Buttercream Frosting recipe, which is amazing!


I also was determined to use a drippy ganache, which took me 4 tries during my practice runs until late I finally got it right. First off, don't use the microwave to melt the chocolate like some recipes suggest. Also a ratio of 50/50 cream to chocolate does NOT work either!
What worked was this:
Heat 1/4 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan until just boiling. Remove from heat and whisk food coloring if using (preferably gel food color), then whisk in 1 cup white chocolate melts and 1 tsp. vegetable shortening  (optional).  Stir until smooth. Wait a few minutes, then pour on cake (start at edges using a spoon).
*Make sure cake is chilled.



 Next year I will work on my Fondant and Macaron skills.


Dory Pies!!!




Top all the delicious food off with crafts for kids!




No comments:

Post a Comment