Thursday, December 10, 2015

Blackberry Glazed Beef


  
   I tried a Blackberry Marinaded Pork a while ago that was covered in bacon, but for some reason it didn't have much flavor to it - just tasted the bacon.   This is my version but with beef instead that I was inspired to make thinking of how I cook my Meatloaf.  I cover my meatloaf in Tomato Paste and then cover it all in bacon.  This always comes out just right, so I am taking that theme to my Blackberry Beef recipe.   You can use a Beef Tenderloin to make it really special for a Holiday Dinner, or if you are on a budget this Christmas, feel free to use a cheaper cut such as Roast Beef.








Here is the recipe:

Beef (I used 2 lbs. Roast Beef, but you could do whatever size you want & use which ever cut of beef - tenderloin would be best)
Oscar Meyer Bacon  1/2 lb. - 1 lb. depending on the size beef
Natures Seasoning (or Salt & Pepper)
1/2 cup Blackberry Jam
1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 TBSP. Minced Garlic
2 tsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Herbes de Provence
1/8 tsp. Ground White Pepper

   Pre-heat oven to 325.  Season all sides of Beef with Natures Seasoning & place in Roasting pan on rack or laurel.  In small bowl mix remaining ingredients(expect for bacon).  Brush over beef.  Cover glazed beef with slices of bacon until fully covered.  Insert meat thermometer & roast until 125.  Let Roast rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting.



No comments:

Post a Comment