Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Crawfish Etouffee


  Tonight I wanted to make something different for dinner and I came across this recipe for Crawfish:

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/soups/new-orleans-style-crawfish-etouffee/

    Crawfish isn't too popular in the northeast in fact I can't even think of the last time I tried it.  It's a delicious cross between shrimp and lobster to put it plainly and if you can't find them fresh around your area, the frozen tails work just fine, if not better for this recipe.
 First make a roux with flour and I used 1 stick of butter instead of oil, and half the amount of flour.
 Then a mirepoix with red peppers instead of the usual carrots.
 Add the vegetables to the roux and cook until soft, at least 15 minutes.
 I used beef broth instead of chicken. And left out the hot water all together.
A really good New Orleans style dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment