Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Eggplant w/ Homemade Pesto


  This recipe was re-created from a dish that I tried in an Italian Restaurant one night at a romantic dinner that to seldomly occurs.
  I made my own version with my own homemade pesto.
I never used to like Pesto until I had it made fresh from a Farm one night & that all changed.  I love pesto now.    But I feel that it needs to sit at least overnight for all the flavors to really mesh.  If I taste my pesto just made - I don't like it.   But I let it sit a few days in the refrigerator and then use it with cooking & it's somehow transformed and unbelievable delicious.



 The eggplant recipe is so simple:

Eggplant sliced thin
Salt & Pepper the eggplant
Spread Pesto over eggplant
Top with Fresh Mozzerella
Drizzle with Olive Oil


Bake until cheese is melted & eggplant cooked through.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!
    Interesting information regarding the pesto sauce.
    Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, how do you make your pesto?

    ReplyDelete